DO NOT MISS

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Is There An Art To Happiness ?

Just recently I came across a book 'The Art of Happiness', despite it's author being the Dalai Lama - of whom I am a great fan of -  I found myself questioning the title of the book before even digging in to explore the actual details. We have been told many times never to judge a book but it's cover, however I have a very bad habit of judging a book by it's title - how on earth is their an 'art to happiness' when happiness is a human emotion which every being on this earth is born with? Have we drifted so far from our humanity that we now have to buy our happiness back?

Forgive me if I am being naive but just three months ago I found a video on Youtube of five Ugandan kids dancing, it was the most uplifting scene I had ever experienced which resulted in tears of joy.  With torn trousers and shoeless feets, these kids danced on a dusty road to their hearts content, to an upbeat Ugandan song with no care in the world. They simply just danced. No doubt they were happy. You see their is no philosophy or art to happiness, because happiness comes from within, we simply fail to release it as our heads have been buried too deep in the grains of sorrow. 

If one is not happy in their environment or situation they can simply change it no matter how big the change may be, for example I love nature and I moved from London to Alanya, you bet I didn't need  a book to figure that one out. I just MOVED. It's not 'luxury living' it's simply 'living'. I choose to live.




1 comment :

  1. I stumbled upon your Youtube channel and love your Vlogs. I love your blog even more. I wanted to bring your attention to a typo in your title or maybe it was done on purpose...Who knows. :) "There" not "Their", I think you meant: how on earth is their an 'art to happiness' / You see their is no philosophy. We are all humans and we all make mistakes. I would have sent you a private email, but I didn't know how. Let me know and I would make sure to remove this comment if done on purpose. Kinds regards!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2014 DUNIA DUARA | Distributed By Blogger Template | Designed By OddThemes